Another List It Tuesday with Aimee of Artsyville…this week’s topic, “Things I’m a Sucker For.”
Perhaps it’s my insatiable sweet tooth, but immediately I thought of lollipop suckers, hence the doodling theme. There’s something funky going on with the way the colors scanned into my computer, but that’s a troubleshooting problem I don’t have time to deal with this week, so we’re going with a snapshot of my doodled page and waiting until I have a day to waste on figuring out why my printer/scanner sucks (besides the fact it’s >five years old which makes it a dinosaur at this point).
Anyhow, here’s a short list of my weaknesses:
1. Striped Shirts- Seriously, they’re my go-to pattern. I tend to dress pretty basic (like solid colors basic), so stripes is me “dressing” things up a bit. But that’s I ok, I like stripes. And when you have big boobs, horizontal stripes work well to distract from your marshmallow fluff middle. I also like vertical stripes. And when you horizontal and vertical stripes mate, you get gingham babies, a new favorite print of mine…getting WILD with the wardrobe choices, eh?
2. A Wicked Sense of Humor- I always was a sucker for a guy with intelligence and wit, and I still find myself drawn to people who make me laugh. Laughter is my kind of Xanax.
3. Spontaneous Hugs From My Kiddo- Those are the best hugs, aren’t they? When my son learns that I’ll say yes to almost anything he asks for following one of his impromptu bear hugs, I’m so screwed. So please don’t tell him.
4. Things Organized Neatly- I crave order within my surroundings. A cleared off desk, a clean house, decluttered closets…they all help clear my mind and free up space for me to think and create.
5. Kids Selling Crap Door to Door- I don’t even bother opening the door if I see an adult standing on my porch with a clipboard, but if you’re a kid who’s got the gumption to go around the neighborhood peddling goods for your school trip, band camp, or baseball team, I’m buying whatever you’re selling. I’ve bought candy, popcorn, magazines, coupon books, sausage, wrapping paper, cleaning supplies…just call me SUCKER. 😉
6. BBQ Chips- My husband and son share share this addiction as well, so at least I’m not going down alone here.
What about you? What are you a complete sucker for? Leave me a comment, then head over to Artsyville to discover what weaknesses others share with you. (PS- I love, LOVE Aimee’s list and I think you will too!)